Sunday, June 3, 2012

family fun day

Yesterday, we decided to take a day off from dressing change, and I declared it Family Fun Day! So we headed up 52 North toward Mt. Airy. Jonah was pretty fussy in the morning. He's had some stomach issues this week, and I think he was whining because he was hungry. Anyway, the first bit of the day was pretty frustrating ("Jonah, it's Family Fun Day, and we're going to have some fun, dang it!"), but once we got some food in him, he was better. We had a great day!

For those of you who don't know, Mt. Airy is the birth place of Andy Griffith (who is also a distant cousin of Matt's), and the town that Mayberry is based on.


































We met my dad and his wife for dinner at a restaurant that looked like a pirate ship. :) Jonah had not had a nap, so he was a little more, err..., annoying than usual, but we still had a good time. He fell asleep about 20 minutes from home, but fell right back asleep after we put him to bed.

I declare Family Fun Day a success!

Today, Jonah sang in the preschool choir at church, and now we're home for a day of laundry, with a nap planned for Jonah and me. It's funny... I'm just as happy on a day like today as I was yesterday. I sure do love my little family.

No comments: