Monday, February 13, 2012

in which i decide that dignity is overrated

I get lots of compliments on my haircut. And I seriously love it. My hair-cutty girl, Shannon, is the bee's knees and does a great job. I love her. If she ever moves salons, I will just have to follow her around town... and pray she doesn't up and move to North Dakota or something. I love good hair, but I love not freezing my butt off even more.

Anyway, my friend Lindsey recently got her hair cut pretty short too and we were at her house the other night discussing our recently shortened hair. We both agreed that it's pretty rockin' but then she asked, "But does yours look CRAZY in the mornings?"

The answer, Friends? A resounding yes. I cannot believe how my hair looks in the morning when I wake up. It's bad every day but if I've put product in it the day before, it is OUT. OF. CONTROL. the next morning. Matt never says anything, but bless his heart, he's got to be holding it back. I don't know how he doesn't just laugh out loud.

Thankfully, on Sunday morning, I woke up and showered before him, so he didn't see me like I was. I woke up, looked in the mirror, and immediately saw this:

And then I immediately grabbed my phone, snapped a photo, and texted it to Lindsey. To which Lindsey replied, "What? I say wear it like that today. Put a little gel and hairspray in that hot mess and head out the door."

Why did I do it? Because honestly, there's nothing better on an early Sunday morning, than laughing at a friend's expense. Or your own.

So there you have it. I have no dignity left. You're welcome.

No comments: