Tuesday, August 2, 2011

anxious

I am anxious. Tied up in knots. Scared out of my mind. Are we doing the right thing? Is this doubt? Is it wrong to doubt?

But Patrice, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.


Oh, but what if they are broken, abused, neglected to the point that my love cannot reach them?

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


But I am so afraid of the unknown. Will they reject Jonah? Will he resent them? Will they make his life harder? Will he hold them back? What if they don't feel part of our family? What if they hate it here?

I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


It's just that I want control, and this scares me because so much is out of my grip. I can mother all I want, make them feel at home, take care of them, love them to the ends of the Earth, and the truth is, still, it may not be enough. I can never take away what's been done to them in their past. I can never fill all of their holes and rips and tears. I can never fully mend their hearts.

You're right. But MY grace is sufficient. My power is made perfect in your weakness.


But what if I lose my temper and yell at them?

You will. But my mercies are new every morning. For all of you.


Oh, how I pray they can live and love, forgive, grow, and forever bond with those who love them. Most of all, you.

Their present sufferings are nothing to be compared to the glory I will reveal in them. I will never forget the needy. The hope of the afflicted will never perish.


Oh, God, I'm so anxious.

What good is worrying? Today has enough trouble of its own. Ask and you'll receive. Knock and the door will be opened. Seek me first and it will fall into place. I am trustworthy in all my promises and faithful in all I do.


I want to completely surrender. I trust you. I wait.

Those who hope in me will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.



No comments: