Sunday, June 19, 2011

to my daddy

Dear Daddy,

Mommy and I just wanted to say (even though it's almost not Father's Day anymore) how much we love you and appreciate you. Daddy, you are seriously THE BEST dad in the whole world. Mommy or I just can't imagine our life without you, and we don't want to. I know when I came along, I kind of blew your concept of "normal" out of the water, but you have been so great at going with the flow and learning how to perfectly care for me. But even though you take such good care of me, you also still let me live. You don't hold back on the wrestling, the ball playing, and all the good things boys should get to do. You make sure I FULLY live and realize that that is part of taking care of me too. Mommy can't believe that before I came along, you had never even changed a diaper. You are amazing, Daddy. I love our play times, our quiet times, and most especially our night night times. The way you read me book after book and never rush our rocking and singing time is so great. Thank you for never seeing time with me as a hassle or something you have to do, but always valuing it as a privilege. You are my hero.

Thank you for the bubbles...

the snuggles...

for always keeping us laughing...

and lightening the mood...

for the swinging...

for the wrestling...

the quality time...

the kisses...

the "Jonah slams"...

the laughs...

the smiles...

the love...

and all the hugs.


Mommy and I can never thank you enough for the man and Daddy you are. We are so thankful, so grateful, so blessed. We love you, Daddy. Happy Father's Day.


Love,
Jonah and Mommy

No comments: