1. The first produce from my and Kathryn's (is that grammatically correct???) backyard garden. Why yes, yes I did plant a garden. (Thanks to my dad for his excellent tilling skills and to Matt's dad for rigging up the tomatoes and peppers and mostly to God for giving us some veggies so I don't feel like a total failure. Amen.)
2. By the look of the flowering squash vines, we are going to have TONS of squash. Kathryn and I have plans to get together and make Matt's sister's Squash Muffins. Yep, I'm planning ahead.(Yes, I'll post the recipe and YOU will be thanking me and Kim and God. Amen.)
3. I joined a gym that's about two minutes from my house. I've worked out twice this week, and my mood and energy show it. I feel so much better when I'm exercising, and it's been about... um... two years since I have.
4. My friend Aimee and her daughter, Hannah, visited today. Hannah is 14 years old, and gave me my first Silly Bandz... a butterfly. So sweet. And also, on Facebook, Hannah changed her last name to Jonas (as in, married to one of the Jonas brothers). I thought that was HILARIOUS and it has brought me much joy.
5. I have concrete lunch plans with my Divine Friend, M, on Monday. I'm giddy.
6. The adorable twin baby girls that Kathryn nannies for are coming over (along with their sweet momma and Kathryn) tomorrow for a playdate. Jonah has a playdate!!! That is so... normal. (AND awesome!)
7. This is the funniest video I've seen in a very long time. You must watch it. North Carolina representin'. Hey Lucy, you know this guy?
Bad (in no particular order):
1. True, we accidentally broke the end of the zucchini off when we picked it. We're new at this. I ate the tomato (GLORIOUS), Kathryn took the zucchini home. (And also, I have no idea how to spell zucchini ... Ohhhh, THAT's how you spell it. Who knew?)
2. Jonah has stopped eating ANYTHING by mouth. Lips clamped, turns head, completely refuses. Nothing. Not even one bite. He dwindled off over the last week or so, and the last two days has eaten nothing. I bet he won't even eat my Squash Muffins (poor thing... has NO idea what he's missing).
3. My camera won't work. Won't turn on. Nothing. I thought the battery was dead but it wouldn't charge, so I'm hoping I just need to order a new battery. SO sad. I feel lost without my camera. (And also, further proof that I should have bought a Canon.)
4. I miss the Women Only gym I was a member of before I got pregnant with Jonah. I know the sweet owner, Helen. The classes (variety and instructors) are awesome! And it's WOMEN ONLY. But alas, it's 20 minutes away, and I just can't spend 40 minutes of my "someone else is watching Jonah" time driving. I especially missed my girly gym when I had to listen to a man making some very loud and hmm... how do I say this... inappropriate(?) grunting noises while he lifted weights. I just turned my Pandora up and tried to drown it out. It was just me and these two middle age big beefy guys in there, and I wanted my GIRLS back. Sigh. (Still happy to be part of a gym and LOVING the location.)
5. I am RIDICULOUSLY sore after doing 15 minutes on the Elliptical Machine (on level two, ahem) and a few of the weight machines. Can we say PATHETIC?
6. I have to wear a bathing suit in less than three weeks. Does anyone else want to smack Heidi Klum? Oh, just me? Alrighty then.
7. Blogger is being stupid and the spacing on this post keeps messing up. I have no patience to fix if for the third time, so we all have to deal with it. Sorry.
And on that note, I will now finish this post. The End.