Saturday, June 23, 2012

great saturday!

We had a great day today. We met my Dad, his wife, and my nephew and niece for lunch today in Wilkesboro and then headed up to Grandfather Mountain to visit with my Maw Maw and Paw Paw. They are camping up there for the annual gospel singing that will take place tomorrow. I think they've been camping there and attending it for over thirty years. :)

It was MUCH cooler up there than it is down here, so we were able to spend the whole day outside, as long as we spent the sunny spells in the shade. Jonah had a blast! It was a beautiful day, and I'm so thankful that I got to spend it with my grandparents. I do not see them enough. I didn't take that many photos and wish I had gotten more of Maw Maw and Paw Paw, but I mostly just enjoyed the time, rather than having a camera in everyone's face.



Dad let Jonah "drive" the RV, and taught him how to honk the horn...

and then expected him to stop after two or three honks...

Yeah, right. Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

 (It's obviously been a while since my dad had a three year old.)








I'm reading (have been for a LONG time) Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts" and read her blog most every day. So yesterday I started my own Thankful List. This day will be on it, for sure. :)

No comments: