Wednesday, March 7, 2012

this past week

I am finally feeling better after a week of being sick. Last Tuesday morning I woke up with a burning sore throat and some congestion. The congestion got worse but for the first few days it was just a nuisance. Then, on Friday I started feeling really bad, and by Saturday I had body aches and chills and was coughing up some... well, never mind. I went to urgent care in case it was a sinus infection. The doctor there said it was just a virus but prescribed me a z-pack "just in case," and told me to wait "three to five days" to get it filled.

PUH-SHA.

He knows I'm a mom right. And that I don't get vacations. And that Matt had to go back to work on Monday. I got that antibiotic filled quicker than you can "It may not be bacterial but heck if I'm gonna wait and see." It may have been coincidence, but after the very first dose I started feeling better and have gotten steadily so since Saturday evening. So thankful.

In the meantime, we've been hard core potty training around here.
I started with Jonah last Sunday (the 26th) after three months of telling him that when we turn three, "No more diapers!" He has done amazingly awesome. He had a few pee pee accidents the first couple days and randomly pooped his pants yesterday but other than that, he's done awesome! He's already pooping in the potty and standing to pee. He even went at the library the other day. He's still not great about telling me when he needs to go, but he goes when I ask. So we're just working on the communication part. I still put him in a diaper when we leave the house, for nap and night time, but more than not, he's dry after errands and nap. He's still soaked in the mornings, but he can't help that since we run a pump with formula overnight. He doesn't eat so we can't do skittles or anything as incentive, but the sticker chart has worked great for him. We mostly do stickers but once in a while, he'll get a bigger prize of a new matchbox car for overcoming a hurdle (pooping the first time, a day with no accidents, peeing standing for the first time, using the potty in a public place etc).
It's been a really good experience. I'm so proud of him!

But it's not all work and no play around here.

On a warm day we got to take a walk with Jonah riding his new tricycle he got for his birthday (Thanks Granny, Grandaddy, and G-Daddy). I can steer the thing myself. It's so sweet.

The other night, we played a family game of Hide and Seek. It was Jonah's first time, and it was love at first hide. He doesn't quite get the concept of quietly waiting in your hiding spot, as he's usually giggling and squealing in delight, giving himself away. This was a particularly good spot - in the top of my closet!

And this one was just a cute one of Jonah in his big boy underwear and fire fighter boots. That's a real man for ya. :)

I really love our life. It's weird and often difficult, but sweet, silly and simple at the same time. We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Toni :O) said...

So happy you are feeling better! Thank you soooo much for popping the scarf in the mail to me...I LOVE it!!! He is so stinkin adorable in his big boy undies and boots...just cracked me up I tell ya. His tricycle is way cool, I'm sure you will puts lots and lots of miles on that baby! Best of luck potty training, sounds like you are having better luck than when I trained my son at three (and it's been ten years since that time!!) Have a fabulous weekend sweet family!