Friday, March 16, 2012

race update

IMPORTANT UPDATE: We've just found out that in order to be able to use DebRA's liability insurance for the event, we have to use their name too. So instead of making checks payable to Jogging for Jonah, we have to make them payable to "Debra of America" with "Jogging for Jonah" in the "for" line. If you've already sent in a check, no worries. I'll be in touch! So sorry. We're still trying to figure out what we're doing. Most people figure these things out before they start, but I've always been more of a "Be an idiot, mess up, and learn things the hard way" sort of person.

Hey guys!

Things are starting to really come together for the race. I went over on Thursday and saw the brand new asphalt track where we'll hold the Fun Run and 5K. It's beautiful and goes back through the woods. We'll have it at shelter two, have a DJ, and hope to have inflatables and some other activities for the kiddos. There's also a volleyball court and we'll have some volleyballs out there too.

All of that to say that this is going to be a fun, relaxed family affair, and you can certainly come and WALK (or just cheer the runners on) if you are not up for running it. I'm sure there will be some runners who are super competitive about it, but don't worry about them because they'll be way in the front, leaving us all in their dust. :)

So May 12. Tanglewood. Shelter 2. We will send the 5Kers off at 8:30am and the one milers off at 8:45am.

I have made up several different forms that I can't post here (because blogger doesn't have that capability, as far as I know) but please email me at joggingforjonah(at)gmail(dot)com.  I have the registration form, the sponsor form, the t-shirt only form, and a flyer you can print out if you'd like to help us get the word out. Helping us spread the word would be such a huge help, even if you can't make it for the event. Just email me and let me know what forms you would like. The forms have all the info as far as payment etc.

We'll also need food and beverage donors and lots of volunteers for that day. I don't have the forms for volunteers yet because I don't know what jobs we're going to have yet, but if you would be up for volunteering that morning instead of running/walking, please let me know and I'll start compiling a list of names and contact info.

I'm super excited and I think it's going to be really really great, you know, if people show up. Please email me if you have ANY questions. AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Thanks to all of you, even the far awayers who are ordering t-shirts and praying for this event already. You'll be there in spirit, for sure!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Have you placed the run on Carolina runner website? Gets the word out easily.