Thursday, September 1, 2011

guess what today is?

Hey y'all. Guess what day it is? September 1st. The first day of the month before the month when we'll get guaranteed cool temperatures. The month that one would classify as more "fally" than "summery." THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE SEEMINGLY UNENDING TUNNEL OF SWELTERING HEAT.

Can I get an AMEN?

I'm giddy.

There was even a fallish breeze here this morning. It actually felt cool(ish) for the first half of the day. And then it went back to its normal scorching self, but there was a glimpse, Folks. I caught a glimpse.

Thank you, Jesus, for breezes, the tippy top of leaves starting to change, and for the word September. It's a beautiful word, quite possibly one of my new favorites.

Okay, I'm done.

YAY FALL!

(Okay, really. I'm done.)

We are doing well for the most part. Jonah hasn't been able to wear shoes for two weeks because of blistering on his feet and ankles, so he just wore a double pair of socks to church last night and when we went out to Aldi today. It's not ideal, but it's the best we can do right now.

On Tuesday, he wouldn't come into the kitchen because he's apparently scared of the Crock Pot (I don't use it much, so it was a new thing). I tried to trick him and asked him to bring me a cookie. He was in the dining area and started walking toward me, bringing me the cookie. I was crouched down on the floor with my mouth open. But as soon as he got to where the Crock Pot was, he said, "Here, Mommy!" and threw the cookie at me. It was so funny. And humiliating. But mostly funny. He's too smart for his own good.

I don't have much to share. We have really just been around the house this week besides a quick trip to Aldi today. We did go to Wednesday night church last night. Matt has been going since Jonah was born because he's a teen small group leader, but because of Jonah's feeding schedule, Jonah and I really haven't been able to. But really, I'm just at the "screw the feeding schedule" point. He's older now and a little more adaptable, and I think having more exposure to church and class than just our inconsistent Sunday attendance will help him with some of his separation anxiety. That's the hope anyway. I stayed with him last night, but starting next week, I'm going to try to leave and he's going to have a one-on-one, at least for part of the time. We shall see how it goes.

Okay, I'm going to go read and veg. Sorry this is so boring, but really that's just how life is right now cooped up in the house.

BUT DID I MENTION THAT IT'S SEPTEMBER 1ST?

Oh, just checking.

4 comments:

Shosh said...

that cookie story cracked me up!

Wanda Wilkinson said...

Amen! I love fall my favorite time of the year. Most mornings you can actually breathe when you walk out the door.

Love jonah's crock pot story. When he gets to be a "wise' teenager you have so many stories to hold over his head (ha).

Hope all of you have a great labor day weekend (Matt home for an extra day).

Love you

Heather said...

I love the cookie story. Not boring at all. I love hearing about your Jonah adventures. I'll be watching for some fall park pictures soon :)

playmobil advent calendar said...

The cookie story was absolutely amazing. You have catch every one's attention by story.