Monday, July 11, 2011

this and that... again.

Just checking in to say we're still alive and doing well.


The yard sale went well. We made almost $600. We had a lot of baby clothes left over, so I saved the brand new stuff to consign and we donated the rest (which was still PLENTY of nice stuff). I was a little sad at the very beginning when people were carting off huge piles of my babies' clothes, but now that they are all gone, I feel good. The garage is much cleaner, I can park in it again, and Muffy is going to consign the rest of the clothes for me, so I never have to look at them again. All good things. And we have a little money to go toward all the new furniture we've bought in preparation for our boys (read: baby girl and a pet goat), so overall, I consider it a success.


Last night we went over to some friends' house for hot dogs, sauteed zucchini and squash, pasta salad, chips, and dessert. It was nice to get out. For the most part it was a cook-in, because it was so hot. Shannon, Muffy, and I did walk down to the pond for a little bit, and it was definitely nice to get out. There was a point where I went close to the water to investigate what I thought to be a snake (they say it was a fish) and it like jumped in the air kind of and out deeper into the water. I screamed. They laughed. I did a good job of not peeing my pants.


Tonight I went for a run, which is the first time I've gone since early last week. I'm repeating Week 2 of Couch to 5K because I've been so inconsistent I don't feel ready for Week 3. I go while Matt is putting Jonah to bed, so it's as the sun is setting. It was so muggy tonight, I was dripping sweat. I got three bugs in my eye and one in my mouth, which I swallowed before I knew what was happening. Before I went running tonight, I wanted to create an upbeat Christian music station on Pandora, so I made a "Funky Jesus Music" (apparently a TobyMac song) station. Well, the songs certainly had good running beats, but to say some were cheesy would be an understatement. "Lord, I jus' wanna make eye contact wichyou" was probably my favorite.


In other news, I picked this from my garden yesterday.



The photo doesn't do it justice. It's about one a half times the girth of my lower leg. Crazy zucchini.


Anyway, I gotta run. We're putting together the night stand tonight, which is the last piece of furniture we have to assemble! HOORAY! Hope you're all having a great week.

No comments: