Monday, June 27, 2011

this and that

Sorry for a few days without updates. Sometimes sleep just wins. :) 


We are doing well. Jonah is finally healthy after the week of stomach virus followed by a week of respiratory issues. He's been doing well for about a week now, and I hope we can keep it that way. I have a cold or sinus infection though, so we still didn't make it to church on Sunday. I miss my church family very much. I just needed the sleep and felt terrible. I didn't feel like it was a good idea to get up at 6:45 to do the whole rushed get everyone ready (which includes Jonah's bath and bandage changes) to make it. I felt like poop for a couple of days, but besides some congestion and coughing, I'm feeling better today.


Matt's mom stayed with her dad for five weeks, caring for him without much change in his condition. Last week, they came to a mutual decision to move him into a rehab facility. I think that is so good. He needs professionals who can force him to work and get his muscles moving again. Anyway, on Sunday, Debbie was working in his closet trying to get things sorted and packed, she fell and broke her hand in four places. Matt's dad had some friends offer to drive him up here last night, so he came up and drove her home in her van today after they got Grandaddy settled. Needless to say it's been kind of a crappy several weeks for her and ending it by breaking your dominant hand just one week before your beach vacation pretty much stinks. I know she would love your prayers. She's been so good to us, and I feel pretty useless not being able or not knowing how to help her back. 


On Sunday afternoon, Matt and I took our first aid/CPR class for adoption. One 1/2 day down. I think that makes us 1/10 of the way there, class wise. And we have to finish our classes before we can do anything else, so I'm eager to get them underway. We will take our MAPP classes all day on four consecutive Saturdays starting July 16th. Then we'll have to take a medication administration class in September. I think we can get started with paper work and stuff before we take that last class though, so hopefully we'll be well underway by mid to late August.


Okay, I'm off to bed. Couch to 5K was stormed out tonight, so Matt and I worked a couple of hours in the garage and then came upstairs and had some celebratory (absolutely delicious) chocolate cookies my neighbor sent home with me. Oh, what neighbor you may ask? Why, my running partner neighbor, that's who. She inspires and encourages me for both good and evil. 


Hope you're all having a good week.

No comments: