Saturday, June 11, 2011

a couple of great finds!

Jonah is on about day three of being sick. I kept hoping it was a fluke but he has had diarrhea for the last three or four days, and he has puked one meal today, two meals yesterday, two the day before, and one or two the day before that. And not to be too graphic, but I know it's different from his normal throwing up because of when it happens, how often it's happening, and how violent it is. Poor buddy. He doesn't act like he feels bad in between but he's definitely not getting much nourishment. I think he only had two, maybe three, wet diapers today. We're running Pedialyte over his night pump instead of water in an attempt to keep him hydrated. So no church for us tomorrow. I love church. I hate that we can't be more consistent. It seems like it's always something.


It was way too hot to take Jonah out today, but I did get to get out a couple different times, and I've felt like a new person. It's amazing how much getting out of the house makes a difference in my mood. Mom and I went yard-saleing this morning, and it was so much fun. We didn't find a lot of great ones, but I loved spending the time with her and just getting out. I told her it was probably the second time I can remember since Jonah has come home from the NICU that I've gotten up, showered, and put on real clothes first thing. Typically I shower but have to put on crappy clothes for bandage changes and don't make it into real clothes until after lunch time, if at all. It felt good to get up and to get to go out and do something before bandages. We left the house at 7:30 and I was home by 10:30 to do "new wraps." Matt is so great and understanding about my need to get out and have some "me time". He did all the morning stuff himself, and did not complain a bit. He loves spending time with Jonah. Imagine that. :) I am so blessed.


I did get one GREAT yard sale find.


(Just ignore the pasty legs. I don't get much Vitamin D.) YEP, I'm realizing my dream. I'm currently trying to learn from youtube, but it's not going so well. Thankfully I have a friend from church who's offered to sit down with me and teach me a couple of things so I can understand the internet stuff better. They're not starting basic enough for me, apparently. :) I'm so excited. I've wanted to learn to play guitar for so long. It only cost me $25 but then I had to spend another $37 to get it tuned, the neck adjusted, for a tuner, picks, and my Mommy bought me a strap. She just got me an "ugly brown one" and says I can graduate to a better strap as I get better... like in karate, she says. 


This afternoon, Matt's mom came and watched Jonah for a couple hours so we could go furniture shopping. We found the PERFECT table at the Colfax Clearance store. 


It was a $1,100 table and we got it for half of that. It's got scratches, but with some furniture polish and those furniture markers, I don't think anyone will be able to tell. Compared to some stuff we had seen, we felt like it was a really good deal. We needed a table with a bench because the space we have for a table is super narrow, so we needed to be able to push the bench all the way under the table when not in use. It's perfect! (And was already assembled.) We also got some bunkie boards for our bunk beds and a full mattress for the bottom one. We already have a twin mattress, so once we get everything assembled, we should be all set house wise.


Besides Jonah being sicky, it's been a good day. Praying he feels much better tomorrow. Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments: