Wednesday, June 15, 2011

better!

Sweet Jonah has done much better the last two days. He still had diarrhea yesterday, but did not throw up. This morning's poopy was not nearly as runny (sorry, y'all), and no pukes again! Tomorrow we'll be moving up to seven ounces a meal, hopefully! Thank you so much for the prayers. It was just lasting so long and was so sporadic, I was starting to get freaked out. Your comments were so comforting. The normal stuff is just so scary because I don't know if it's normal or EB related. (I mean, he eats his freakin' bandages... seriously???)


I've been feeling a little sorry for myself (and Jonah, of course) over the last couple of weeks. We've just not gotten out much and we can't go to the pool and he can't play outside. He's feeling the effects of being cooped up and has been really whiney the last couple of days. My patience has been low, and I feel like I've been snapping at him more the last couple of days. I think we're both just a little stir crazy so I'm going to try to get us out somewhere tomorrow and Friday, just because we are driving each other crazy. :) He's so good, though. And I really really shouldn't complain. I've really been convicted today about how much we, as Americans especially, complain SO MUCH about EVERYTHING (it's too hot, it's too cold, stop raining, oh we need rain so bad, I hate my job, I want to be a stay-at-home-mom, my kids are driving me nuts, I have to get out of this house, There's nothing to eat (really?), My air condition is broken... and on and on and on). It just made me sad to think about. You know that verse about always being ready to give a reason for the hope that you have (I Peter 3:15)? Well, ain't nobody gonna ask me about my hope if I don't have any. O-U-C-H. My life and my attitude should look different. I should be and feel like an alien in my air conditioned house, my mini-van, and with my full pantry. If we're just going through the motions, living like everyone else, and complaining with the rest of them, we're not being much of a light. And we're surely not living in the joy and hope that comes with a true life in Christ. Well, kick my butt and call me Sally. That. Just. Hurt.


Anyway, I'm thinking A LOT these days. That's not always a good thing.


Hey, wanna see some cute shots of Jonah? Alrighty then.





Whiney or not. Summer or not. Crazy Momma or not. I love this kid. I love my life, no matter what it looks like. I have lots and lots and lots of hope. Now, come on, ask me. Cause I've got a whole bunch of reasons. :)

No comments: