Sunday, May 15, 2011

this and that

We've had a nice weekend, but I'm not sure what we've done. It's been our first not-busy weekend in a long time. Matt spent Saturday doing laundry and I planted our garden. Just a little garden (one jalapeno, one red pepper, 3 zucchini, 3 squash, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 big tomatoes, and cilantro), but it's ours and I love it. 


Today we went to church. Jonah cried when we left him and threw up in his classroom (like emptied the contents of his entire stomach) for the second week in a row. I'm not sure what we're going to have to do, but obviously leaving him and him puking all over the place is not going to work. Sigh. Round 471.


I made a grocery/Target run today. Jonah took a two and a half hour nap (all that crying and puking must have worn him out), and now we're sitting and watching one of Matt's favorite shows, American Pickers.


I'm working on redoing our bathroom. My friend, Meredith, came over last Wednesday night and helped me paint the first coat, and we have plans to finish it this coming Wednesday. I don't really know what I'm going for but the color is a light light blue (Homestead Sky Blue) and I want to work in glass and brushed silver items, and go sort of shabby chic. I've never said those words in my life. It's funny, but now, with having made the decision to adopt, I am nesting like crazy. I just wish we knew if we were getting one or two kids and if they are going to be boys or girls. I want to do bedrooms! Patience, I know. This is going to be a long (and exciting... but hopefully not too exciting) road. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out when we'll start our MAPP classes. The Forsyth County ones start July 5th, but our adoption agency thinks they can get us into earlier ones in Greensboro. 


I'm looking forward to a quiet but hopefully very productive week. Matt's mom is here the next couple days so hopefully I can get lots done. 


And Happy 7th Anniversary to my great, patient, understanding, funny, wonderful husband. Matt, I know we've had our ups and downs, but I wouldn't want to walk this road with anyone else. Thanks for being my best friend, my rock, and my balance. Here's to a great year eight and many many many more! I love you.


Hope you all have a blessed week.

No comments: