Wednesday, March 23, 2011

new day same sickness

Still feeling like a Crap Wad over here. I chose last night to tell Matt our plan in case anything ever happens to one of us during the night. I told him to call our neighbor Barbara to come sit with Jonah until my mom could get here. Why did I choose last night to tell him? 

Because I had taken -
- at least 15 ibuprofen in less than 24 hours
- hydrocodone
- two doses of my antibiotic
- Singulair 

and I think some other stuff. I was just waiting to stop breathing or go into some kind of spontaneous liver failure or something. Not really, but I was nervous.

Today I added Mucinex and Tylenol to the mix. Just trying to survive over here. My throat hurts so badly that I've barely eaten today. And if you know me at all, you know that for me to give up any amount of food means that things are bad. If you have the overwhelming urge to specifically pray for the right side of my throat, feel free to indulge. I know it's not strep. I got a strep test done at CVS yesterday. The quick test was negative and they called me tonight to let me know the longer one came back in negative too. So I'm thankful for that but ready for the current antibiotics to do their (freakin') job already. :)

Enough about me.

Jonah had a decent day. Still coughing. Threw up twice. But took an awesome nap (which means I did too!) and has been happy and mostly easy on me all day. My dad is here for a couple of days, so Jonah's really enjoyed having him around. I couldn't have asked for him to be any better today, considering how crappy I've felt. He's a gem. 

Matt is amazing. He's pretty much taken over most Jonah duties after work the last two days, and given me as much of a break as possible. And tonight, after he put Jonah down for the night, he went all the way across town and got me a Sonic chocolate milkshake. He's a super gem. And my sweet mother in law drove home last night in the dark (she's my Monday/Tuesday help every other week) so she could help Matt and I could rest. She usually leaves at 3 or 4 in the afternoon but stayed until 7, and then drove three hours home.

Moral of the story: I'm a pansy when I'm sick.

Glad Jonah doesn't take after me in the toughness (or lack thereof) department. 

No comments: