Sunday, February 13, 2011

videos

Here are a couple of videos from the last week. The first was kind of a disappointment. I mean, I think he's cute. Don't get me wrong. But it was during the half time show of the Super Bowl, and he was dancing and rockin' out to The Black Eyed Peas (he was the only one of us that thought it was any good). But of course, by the time I got the camera out, he was winding it down. Just take my word for it. It was cute.





And this one is from today. I mainly wanted to get his breathing on tape (or memory card, as the case may be). He seems to feel fine. He breathes okay when he's awake, although he coughs some. But when he goes to sleep he gets really junky, is having some stridor, rattles a lot, and also ends up throwing up and having a really hard time getting the mucus up. He had a really low grade temp yesterday, but today he's seemed okay. But once we put him down for bed, he fell asleep again, started that scary breathing, woke up coughing, puked, and choked again. I'm starting to get freaked out. Pneumonia? As much as he throws up it makes me scared that he's gotten some of this mucusy stuff in his lungs. I guess I'll call the doctor tomorrow, but I hope to avoid xrays if we can. That is not fun with an EB child. Especially an EB child who throws up when they get upset. Praying he's okay and for wisdom. (It's still an adorable video though, in my opinion. And please notice that he is now sleeping with his purple ball. He carries it around All. Day. Long. and it's the first thing he grabbed as soon as he woke up. I'd say he's attached.)


12 comments:

LisaL said...

He is so darn cute! Poor baby looked so sleepy still after you woke him up, but he wakes up in such a good mood!! Sounds like he has congestion running down the back of his throat that he isn't clearing well. My youngest had a very weak cough and would sound absolutely horrible when sleeping, but most of the time his lungs were clear (not always - he was a nebulizer baby from about 2 months). Hoping that is all that is going on with Jonah. Do you use a humidifier in his room? We keep ours going in each of the kids' rooms all winter. Hoping he feels better soon and it isn't anything serious!!

Laura A said...

Smart boy!! He is FAST!! And love how he wakes up happy too - do you just not want to hug him ALL the time!?

Hope his cough is better soon - we've had lots of breathing issues this winter too (Jackson is STILL on breathing treatments until the end of this month!) Byron had pneumonia back in December - the fact that he was so congested but NOT coughing was what clued me in that it was more than a cold. Thankfully we caught it early so he got over it pretty fast. Praying that you can avoid x-rays and that Jonah will get better VERY soon!

Thanks so much for sharing these sweet videos with us!

Love,
Laura

lmashe81 said...

He is super cute!!! sorry that he isn't feeling well.=( praying for the little guy!

Kristie said...

He is adorable! Have you tried putting a pillow under his mattress and giving it a little incline? That might help, but don't know how that would effect his sleeping. I know it helps our daughter! :)

Hope he feels better soon, we've been doing breathing treatments here too!!

Jennifer Edling said...

First off, he is soooo cute! He's talking so well! Not to mention he is moving around like a pro! Go Jonah! Secondly, pneumonia usually has a high fever but it's possible. I would take him to the doctors for sure though, because immune compromised kids are more likely to get RSV. Sadie got our RSV (she was a premie and ALWAYS the sick one)at 15 months. I just thought it was a bad cold and put it off. She ended up being taken to the hospital by ambulance from her Dr.'s office and spent 2 weeks on and off oxygen. I've never forgiven myself for that one. My new rule: When in doubt..go.

Ellie said...

It's amazing the strides he has made in development since the last video I watch (and I don't think I have missed a one!). He suddenly seems like an active toddler! No more baby!

Toni :O) said...

Awww...poor sweetie, hope he's on the mend soon. But I have to say, he is just sooo adorable...I love his little voice and he is just growing up so fast.

Gilda said...

Aww, Patrice he makes my heart melt. I love those sleppy eyes he is so adorable.

Ellen said...

I loved the video of Jonah waking up!!! lol How cute!!!

Kristine said...

Katie just got through 2 weeks of Pneumonia. I hate to say it, but she sounded just like Jonah. Her Pediatrician couldn't hear anything on his stethoscope, but sent us for x-rays to be on the safe side. Double pneumonia. Katie has low tone and had a VERY hard time coughing anything up....it's one of the reasons her cough turned into pneumonia in the first place. The mucus just sat there too long and infection set in.

I asked the techs to spare Katie the bicycle seat/tube x-ray contraption and they just sat her on a pillow against the board instead. It was easy with minimal struggling....just a suggestion in case you end up going.

I hope he's better soon!! It is SO stressful when they're sick...especially with a chest cold.

Kristine said...

Wanted to quickly add that one of Katie's doctors suggested honey to break up the congestion. One teaspoon in 2-3 teaspoons of warm water and I gave it to her slowly with an eye dropper. It helped A LOT!

Katie only had a low grade fever as well...it came and went for a few days before her diagnosis.

Angie said...

Jonah is a household name in our home now. It's so funny how you can come to care for someone you have never met. We loved the video of him walking - he's so adorable. And the one of his noisy breathing was just pitiful. Hope he feels better soon. Just wanted you to know we are big Jonah fans. Praying that Anton finds a home.