Monday, February 28, 2011

birthday, part 3?

I’ll have to break the party/birthday day photos up into a couple posts, because I took a lot, and I need an editing break. Plus, I think I’m about to crash blogger and my computer. We all need a break. :)


Jonah was great for his “party.” I use that term loosely only because it was so laid back and relaxed, it didn’t seem like a party. Which was a good thing. Jonah had a GREAT time hanging out with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, and I loved having everyone here to celebrate. We ordered barbecue for lunch (if you’ve never had NC barbecue, you’re missing out), and had cake. Other than that, there was a lot of hanging out outside and playing basketball and baseball (not by me, don’t be silly).


Jonah wasn’t sure about his cake (as you can see in the video a couple of posts down) and he wasn’t really interested in presents, but he was in such a good mood. The child LOVES to be outside, and I’m already worrying about summer. He’ll be old enough to know he wants to go out, but not old enough to know why he can’t. Yuck. I wish I didn’t hate summer. But enough about that. We had a beautiful sunny day with highs in the upper 50’s. It was a little cool in the shade, but I prefer leaning toward the cool side for Jonah’s sake. He was in Heaven. I’m so happy to have gotten to celebrate his birthday another year. I do NOT take it for granted.








































** Jonah got his adorable "2" shirt from my friend Meredith. She has an Etsy store HERE if you'd like to check her out. I don't think she has any photos of the birthday shirts up, but I'm sure you can contact her through Etsy if you are interested. WE LOVED IT! Thank you, Meredith!**

I wanted to let you guys know about a couple of things.
-         Jonah’s EB Auction has come to a close, and the preliminary total, before payments, was over $6,200. Amazing! Thank you so much to those of you who donated, participated, and/or helped spread the word. So exciting!
-         There is a new fundraiser over on Hope for Anton. Usborne books! If you are a parent, teacher, daycare provider, or grandparent, you will love this one. High quality, award winning children’s books (up through middle school age), with a portion going to Anton!!!
-         Today is National Rare Disease Day. If you would like to donate $5 to the bone marrow research that’s being done at the University of Minnesota, you can text “BELLA” to 50555. The research they are doing there could lead to cures, not only for EB, but for other rare genetic diseases! I am excited for the opportunity to honor Sweet Bella in this way.

I know that’s a lot of “money talk.” Sorry about that. I just want to make sure I get the info out there. You can do with it (or not) what you will. :)
 Thank you so much for being with us on this journey and for loving our little family. We are so blessed!

No comments: