Last I heard, there are a few families showing interest in Anton. That is great news! I have no idea whether or not they have "EB experience" or qualify or not, but interest is good! I love that little boy so much. I dreamed I met him last night. It was one of those incredibly real dreams, and he was just as wonderful as I imagined. There is some hopeful news, and I'm just praying that Anton will be in the best possible place, and that things move forward and that Anton stays relatively healthy in the time it takes. Another bit of good news I found out is that the orphanage won't take him because of his condition. I suppose that's good news anyway. But the hospital is still trying to get rid of him, so I don't really know what that means. There was rumor of him being moved to a burn center, but nothing definitive.
Here's the most important thing though. Whenever a family does get to the approved, committed point, it may cost around $40,000 to adopt him. That is a ton of money, and Anton should not have to suffer because of the expense. I have 910 followers on this blog. There are 75 followers on Hope for Anton. If all of you who read this could hop over there and donate $5... just imagine how far we could get. PLUS, there is an awesome Thirty-One Fundraiser and a delicious Tastefully Simple Fundraiser going on over there, with a new opportunity coming on Thursday. You can get Christmas shopping done (way) early AND help Anton come home. Will you please consider it? I'm not one to beg for money and I'm certainly not trying to play the guilt card, but God has put Anton heavy on my heart and I feel like there is a reason he's using this blog and that blog to raise awareness and funds for Anton. I don't want him to run out of time. I don't want money to be what holds him there. Please, no matter what you do, pray for him and at least let people know what fundraisers are going on, even if you don't have the funds yourself. Help spread the word.
Thank you so much, as always.
Oh yeah, I took Jonah to the doctor today. She says his lungs sound clear and his ears look okay. She thinks it's just cold/virus/sinuses but has started him on antibiotics just in case. The last two nights he has woken up, puking and choking, and last night, even after he went back to sleep, he coughed all night long. But so far tonight, he is sleeping. I pray that he can sleep peacefully tonight. Thank you so much for caring.