Continuing in the (AWESOMELY hysterical) tradition of Matt's Aunt Katherine, I'm starting a Slices of Life series for Jonah. (See Katherine's HERE, seriously, you will laugh until you cry.) This first one may be boring to most of you, but I wanted to record some of Jonah's funnies and all the words he's saying right now so I won't forget. And seeing as how I'm failing miserably in both the scrapbooking and baby booking departments, the blog's the only record I currently have.
At 22 1/2 months, Jonah:
- can finally walk, taking anywhere from five to fifteen steps between furniture or two people that are not too far apart.
- puts his head and arms on the sofa and his feet and legs on the ottoman, and "hangs" in the air.
- rides his train all around the house, and walks behind two different push toys.
- blows kisses every time anyone says "I love you."
- claps when anyone new comes into the house or car.
- says "hi" or "hey" and waves to everyone we pass in the store.
- is still very anxious about new things; right now his car/wagon we could pull him in on walks and his little Power Wheels four-wheeler.
- hates getting his diaper changed.
- loves trains, trucks, cars, and tractors.
- likes to put things on his head that are not meant to be hats and yells, "haT!" (emphasis on the 't') proudly.
- loves to wrestle and "jump" on Mommy and Daddy's bed.
- likes wearing socks and shoes.
- pets blankets, peoples' shirts, socks, and Deac and says "soft" or "saaah," as it were.
- LOVES to be outside, and screams in delight most of the time we're out.
- really likes bubbles and can identify them in real life, on TV, or on my computer as my screen saver.
- has started to dance, shaking his booty.
- likes Yo Gabba Gabba, Jack's Big Music Show, Diego, and Micky Mouse Clubhouse.
- can recognize and say "Dora," "Diego," and "Jack."
- still won't drink from a sippy cup.
- still won't eat anything except certain purees (and even then, it's only sometimes).
- loves books and being read to.
- puts himself to sleep, most of the time, without crying.
- sleeps through the night, usually 11 hours.
- says "okay, okay" and cries when he wants you to stop doing something (say, lance blisters), but has recently learned to say and sign "all done."
- can do the short version of patty cake himself, mumbling through the words, and then says "twow dem in a pan" at the end while throwing his hands up.
- usually wakes up happy in the mornings, stands up, and as soon as you open the blinds, looks out the window joyfully saying "twuck!", looking for a truck outside.
- makes the elephant noise and lifts his arm (trunk) anytime you ask him what the elephant says or he sees one in a book or on TV.
- will exclaim "DADDY" happily when Matt comes home from work or gets him out of bed on the weekends.
- does the Erykah Badu dance from Yo Gabba Gabba most every time he "dances" to any song. (can't find it online (sad))
- says "bump up" when he wants to listen to music, because "Jump Up" is the first song on his favorite CD (Dan Zanes).
- starts crawling/cruising away and laughing hysterically when you go after him when he's going somewhere he's not supposed to or is climbing the stairs
- calls for the kitty when we first come out of his room in the morning. "keeeey, keeeey, keeeey." she usually comes.
- will repeat most anything, but may not know what it means.
- will say "no suh" when you tell him "no sir" and will give you the cutest grin ever, making it impossible to stay mad or even not laugh.
- will yell "twain!" excitedly any time he sees a train, and then says "tucka tucka tucka choo choo".
He can say, consistently and fully knowing the meaning:
Nana (always loud and with enthusiasm)
one, two, twee, (mumbling) NINE, ten
ready, shet (set), GO!
um-me (excuse me)
ank-u (thank you)
He can do the sounds, consistently, for:
tractor, car or truck, train, Santa, elephant, duck, dog, cat, horse, cow, monkey, lion, sheep/goat
**I'm sure I'll have to come back and add as I remember things, but at least it's a start.**