Tuesday, October 27, 2009

update on tripp

Here's an update from Tripp's Caring Bridge.



Hey it's mom. Well, we certainly knew that a tracheostomy was in the near future, but weren't really expecting it today. He went into surgery around 10:30 this morning and the plan was to go in and cut some tissue that was blocking his airway so he could breathe better. Well, when his ENT came out into the waiting room, I knew as soon as I saw her face that something was wrong (she has gotten VERY close to Tripp and our family, we LOVE her.) Anyway, she said that his airway was so swollen and had what she thought was some granulation tissue. She showed us pictures of the scope... pretty intense. Don't know how the little man was even breathing. She said that it was so swollen that she didn't think it would help to make the cuts. So the decision was pretty much made right there for us. THAT was tough. He is now back in ICU and doing well. Everything went fine, thank GOD and thank EVERYONE who was praying for our little fighter. He is starting to breathe a little bit on his own, so they are weaning the oxygen a little at a time. He is the most beautiful little thing... even more so now. I just love him so much and respect him so much. He is so strong. Stronger than I could ever be. He's amazing. I just can't wait until the initial shock and aggravation wears off and he can know what it feels like to actually be able to breathe!! And I am having serious withdrawals because I haven't held him and rocked him in like 3 days.. AHHH... I just want to pick him up and squeeze him and tell him how proud I am of him. Randy and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your thoughts and prayers. We need them so much and all the encouragement really helps us in such a difficult time. THANK YOU.Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that he now has the trach and everything is so far so good. I will try my best to keep you updated.


All my love, Courtney

So anyway, obviously a tracheostomy wasn't the desired outcome, but of course, the ultimate outcome is that Tripp can breathe easier now, which is what everyone wants. Courtney said that his skin is good, and he only got one little place on his arm from the blood pressure cuff. Pretty amazing.

Thank you for praying.

15 comments:

Baby Bird said...

Still praying for Tripp...look at those precious cheeks! No wonder his mommy is having withdrawals from not getting to hold him!
I LOVE the punkin pics! Still praying for wisdom in all the decisions about where to have the G-tube put in...that instead of feeling overwhelmed (like I know I do for you:) that you would feel His peace and His voice to say..."do this". Love & Hugs! Aimee Pence

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for this family. What an adorable little boy he is, and those cheeks...precious! I will keep praying for them and Jonah's eating. I pray for strength and peace for you and Matt. Love you guys!

Lindsey Sowers

Melanie said...

What a beautiful baby. Thank you for the update. We will continue to pray for this baby and family and also for you and yours. Much hugs!

Jessica Kramasz said...

Such a precious baby! I will continue to pray for him and his parents.

wanda wilkinson said...

Will continue my prayers for Tripp & his family. What hospital is in in, I presume they are somewhere in Louisana.

Prayers still going up for peace & wisdome for Jonah & you & Matt.

God will lead you.

lots of hugs & Kisses

Kirsten: said...

So happy to hear things went well for Tripp! He is such a fighter and i love his lil cheekies! Thanks for updating us!

Stormy! said...

I am praying so hard for him.

Please, head over to my blog to claim an award I felt you deserving of. I have read your blog for a coouple months now and your bravery inspires me.

www.lifestormystyle.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Hi Patrice- I don't know if you like to do the blog awards, but I really wanted to award you with one- I love your honesty and your spirit! To get your award, come visit me at www.zachsgang.blogspot.com

Still praying for Tripp- he is so darn sweet- just like your little guy!!!

Kelli said...

Thanks for the update. Praying for Jonah's appointment tomorrow and Tripp too!!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for precious Tripp and his family. I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time now, and just had a few thoughts, based on our personal experiences, that might or might not help with regards to Jonah's eating. Our 11 month old is a very picky eater, not at all like his two older sisters who would eat just about any spoonful of mushy food given to them. He would rather be doing just about anything than eat (oh that I would have that problem! :-) ). Anyway, I found out early on that he was much more interested in food with texture rather than traditional baby food. Rice crispies, yes one at a time, very slowly, were a hit. I'm not sure of the nutritional value, but he enjoyed them! Also, very tiny pieces of pasta with sauce (spaghetti, mac and cheese, etc) worked well, as did very tiny pieces of well cooked brocolli. He also continues to like the 100% fruit smoothies and drinkable yogurts. I also discovered on a very long international flight when he was 6 months old, that he liked to suck apple sauce off of his pacifier better than eating with a spoon. The Gerber graduate stars were also helpful. I know that all babies are different, and these ideas might not work at all for Jonah, but I just felt led to share in case any of these ideas would help make feeding time more of a joy for you. Please know that we will continue to pray for you all, and pray that God lays out a very clear plan for Jonah's G-tube. My 8 year old prayed for Jonah and his doctors tonight at bedtime.

Lifting you up in prayer in the United Kingdom...

Sewconsult said...

How wonderful that Tripp has a wondeful doctor who has bonded with the family. I know that feeling from personal experience.
Beckie

Penny said...

Poor little fellow! :( He is so cute and looks like one of those big cheeked baby dolls.

Katie said...

You know I'm praying for him. And dear GRACIOUS I just want to eat those cheeks. Man, I am a sucker for chubby cheeks.

Sara said...

Precious little baby! I've been unable to view the Caring Bridge website for whatever reasons, so I'm glad you posted an update here. I am so glad he is breathing easier now.
All my love and prayers for Tripp and Jonah,
xoxox~

Cristin said...

Praying! God, please bless this child and all the other children who are struggling.