Jonah has had a great day so far! He is 5 for 5 drinking his whole bottle!
At rounds, they just kind of recapped for the new doctor the medicines he is on etc., and then there was nothing else... nothing. Jonah is stable enough (at least for today) that they did not have to change a thing. I couldn't believe it. I sat there for a minute waiting for the bad news, but it never came!
Matt and I have spent all day holding and loving on Jonah (thus no pictures). I've fed him all of his bottles since I've been here, and he's been very alert and content all day. It's so great to spend lots of undrugged time with him. All he had as far as pain medicine today (until right before his dressing change, of course) was Tylenol. And he seemed pain free. We've just had a great day - there's not really any news to report - THANK GOD!
Funny thing for today: Jonah peed on both Matt and I at one point or the other today. (I never truly appreciated the elastic in a diaper until we started cutting it all out). He peed on my right jean pocket, and unfortunately I had a $20 bill in there. I pity the vendor who crosses me. Don't mess with a pee-pee mommy scorned.
- Nurse Sheena for staying late last night so she could show the night nurse how to do Jonah's wraps and physical therapy.
- Nurse Sabrina for taking care of Jonah so well, working so hard on his dressing changes, being so patient with his eating, and washing his hair (along with Sheena!). It's so easy to go to sleep at night when I know Sabrina's taking care of him.
- Nurse Stacey for loving Jonah so much and letting me hold him and take care of him ALL day, talking to me, and being my friend, not just our nurse. Wanna move in?
- Dr. Wade whose last day on this service was yesterday. We'll miss you.
- Sarah, my sister, for bringing me Chick-fil-A sweet tea... mmmm.
Please, please continue praying for Jonah -
- that he will continue to eat. I feel like we're turning a corner!
- that the Ativan will continue to work and that he can be relatively pain free during his dressing changes.
- that he will continue to resist infection
- and for his diagnosis that we should receive by Wednesday of this week (we hope).
Thank you so much for your love and for continuing to lift us up. I really feel like Jonah is improving because of all your prayers. His mercies are new every morning!
Psalm 44: 8 - In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.