Thursday, February 12, 2009

a shout out

I have nothing super exciting to post, but I felt delinquent, so here goes...

First of all, I'd like to give a little shout out to my hubby for being so totally awesome. Holla!


While I was at a Leadership Day this past Saturday for Young Life, Matt redid Gabe's entire garden - cut down and de-potted the old plants, went to Lowe's and bought all new flowers, planted aforementioned flowers, and put down a new layer of pine straw.
Plus, he made the bed.
Plus, he cleaned out and vacuumed my car.
Plus, he loaded the dishwasher.
All to make a girl cry like a freakin' baby smile.

And then on Sunday, after I mentioned that I wished my toe nails were painted (a feat that is definitely not possible for me... no pun intended... get it? feet? feat?...anyhoo), so I could wear flip flops during this awesome weather week, he offered to paint them for me!!! What? Doth mine ears deceive me?

"Have you ever painted toe nails before?"
"No. How hard can it be?"
"You'd be surprised, actually."
"So do you go side to side?"
(In my head) "Uh-oh"
But after a quick tutorial, all was well, and he did a great job.

And I got to wear flip-flops! Woo-hoo!!! I've been dressing like it's 80 degrees outside instead of 65, but when all your winter maternity shirts are way too small, and you are tired of the 4 you have that still actually cover your belly (sort of), you get over it and wear your cute shirts. If I'm going to feel like a whale, I'm going to feel like the cutest whale you ever done saw.


On a more serious note, 2 weeks til baby. We are getting more and more excited and more anxious (if that's possible) with every day that passes. Please keep praying. Because I've been so weird about planning for this baby to actually come home, I made a list of things I need to do the other day. In addition to cleaning, it might be good if I washed his clothes, fixed the nursery, set up his health insurance, and found a pediatrician. I mean, you know, whatever.

But before I could do any of that, I wanted Gabe's garden to look good again. I didn't feel right about being all excited and planning for new baby when his garden looked so dead and depressing. But now it's bright and sunny, with new flowers and a full bird bath. So the outside now has its sunshine, and the inside's sunshine will be here in just 15 days. Thanks for continuing to lift us up. Love you all!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Patrice! 2 weeks!?!? I'm so excited for you! I am praying for you and baby daily. I can't wait to see pictures! I bet Big Brother Gabe is excited too! God bless!

Katie said...

I am proud to say that the day before I delivered Rory I somehow managed to paint my own toenails. Go me! But go Matt for being so sweet, too. :P When am I allowed to come visit after the little boy gets here?

brightleigh said...

You don't have long now! Pat Matt on the back for me, he is so great! We continue to pray for you both and for Baby. Good luck when the time comes and we are thinking of you all. We love you and miss you!