We have an update. We sign in tomorrow at 6:00 am. Woo-hoo! Great news! I am already 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so apparently he's ready or getting there at least.
There was a tiny bit of bad news. My Group B Strep test came back positive. This means I'll have to get IV antibiotics during delivery. That wouldn't really be a big deal, but I'm allergic to penicillin and keflex, the two primary antibiotics used for that. The doctor told me today that she wants me to be on the antibiotics for four hours before she'll break my water. But they will go ahead and start the pitocin so it doesn't really mean things won't progress, it just means there won't be any pushing or anything for at least four hours. It probably wouldn't have gone any faster than that anyway. Without the antibiotics, he could get pneumonia or other bacterial infections.
So, specific prayer requests for today and tomorrow:
- Pray for continued peace and a hopeful outlook
- Pray that we will hear the Voice of Truth, and not the voice of the deceiver
- Pray that whatever antibiotic they choose will work just as efficiently as the others and that I won't be allergic to it.
- Pray that he doesn't break my water on his own before I've been on the antibiotics for four hours. (I'm not really sure what that could mean - probably a c-section or an increased chance of him getting sick)
- Pray that he will survive and that God will get ALL the glory
Thanks for your prayers and messages of hope. You're the greatest!
Check back for updates throughout the day. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, you'll being seeing pictures of who we've all been praying for for so, so long!