Saturday, September 18, 2010

today

Thanks to those of you who voted for Chris's Dare to raise money for USeb. I know several of you donated but didn't include your name in the comments. Thank you to you too. From those who did leave a comment, I'll pick a winner tomorrow.
_____________

We haven't done much today. Jonah took a pretty good spill this afternoon and hit his gums, lips, and one cheek on the bottom corner of our TV stand. I was right there, saw it happening, and just couldn't get my hands around him in time. He cried. I cried. He bled. His cheek, upper gums and inner and outer upper lip are very swollen and blistered. He won't let me look at it. He acts okay though, so we'll just see how it's doing in the morning. This learning to stand/walk is such a scary stage. I don't think this fall would have hurt a non-EB child very much at all. He's so brave though. I took him out on the deck to get him calmed down and he was attempting to blow bubbles and mooing again within ten minutes. He's my hero.

I've been distracted this week from my book and Bible reading and worship, so I'm headed to do that now. I am constantly amazed at how I put everything else first, even when I KNOW what I should/want to do and what God desires from me. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate, I do... For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Satan knows when you are on the brink of coming Home. But I won't be stopped. Tonight, we regroup. :)

I have a little speaking part up on stage (in front of two to three hundred people) tomorrow. Nervous would be an understatement. But I'm confident that God will give me the words (that I've supposedly memorized) and give me the peace to get through it. I'm excited about the new series coming up, which is something along the lines of honestly talking to God. I gotta say, it may hit a little too close to home. Bring it on.

9 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Sorry our call to hang out was so last minute. You were right though, it was definitely too hot. It wasn't bad in the shade with the breeze, but it was the walk TO the shade that was so hot. We'll try again once fall really hits. Can't wait!

We had to go to Costco after the festival for some church supplies, and by then it was 5:30 and too late to head your way. Sounds like it would have not been the best time to come anyway.

I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly and you get the good kind of nervous tomorrow, the kind that makes you get through it with flying colors. You'll do great!

Laura A said...

So sorry that sweet boy got a boo-boo! Praying that the damage is minimal and that he'll heal quickly.

Romans 7 kicks me in the you-know-where every time I read it. But praise God for Romans 8!

Praying for you tomorrow, too!

Love from TX,
Laura

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Ohhh, I'm hurting for Jonah. I can only imagine how much he hurts, but as usual, it sounds like he's being a TOTAL CHAMP.

Anonymous said...

Patrice..not sure if Jonah would eat this but ice popsicles are great for mouth injuries...kids like them usually and it works like ice but tastes better...

Me, the boys and a Farm... said...

Words of encouragement for you and your speach! I am sure you will do an awesome job...sounds like you always have in the past.

Thinking and praying for Jonah and his tumble with the TV stand...he is a tough little man...hope he heals quickly!

Me, the boys and a Farm... said...

seems like every time I post I catch a spelling error after I click to send!

SPEECH*

Laura said...

Hello,

I'm not certain I have written before, but have followed your little man's journey since his birth. I wanted to let you know that we have a prayer website that has been a great blessing to many. I fell behind on it for a while due to health issues, but am now back to updating it. The site links you to other families as well as many, many people who would love to pray for your son. If you are interested, the site link is below. No matter what you decide, please know my prayers are with you.

-Laura
www.asherandjacobsfriends.com

rabidbutterfly said...

So many years ago...my little man didn't have EB, but he did fall in the bathroom, and his teeth went straight through his tongue. Poor baby, I can only imagine what Jonah felt :(

Anonymous said...

Do you feel actual pain when you see Jonah get hurt? I never did until our first was born, and now I literally feel pain in my back if he or the rest of the kids get hurt...weird.

I've read about baby Dayon a few times, but now cannot get onto their site. The header shows up but nothing else. Do you know what's going on with him?

Thinking of you as you have many more tumbles etc. in your future. May he learn to walk quickly!