Tuesday, April 27, 2010

eb fundraiser

Just wanted to do a quick post to let you know about a fundraiser going on this weekend to raise money for EB research. There is a walk going on in the Cincinnati area to raise money for the Epidermolysis Medical Research Foundation in honor of a three year old little boy, Carson, who has RDEB.

Here is an article about it that appeared in the Cincinnati paper, and the website for the walk is www.walkforeb.org.

If you would like to donate, you can do so at the event or you can mail donations to:


Walk for EB
P.O. Box 531074
Cincinnati, Ohio 45253.
Checks should be made payable to: EB Fund.

Hope all you Cincinnatians (is that right?) can make it out and that the rest of you who are able might consider mailing in a donation.

Many thanks, as always. :)

8 comments:

Just me said...

I'll be mailing my donation in the morning!



Kat
http://beingwhatitseems.blogspot.com

Carson's Mom said...

Thank you so much Patrice for spreading the news about our Walk. I will post some pics on my blog next week and let you know how much we raised along with how many people supported us! Stay strong and keep smiling for Jonah! I just love that little guy! Thanks again! God Bless!

Linda said...

Hi Patrice:
Making my donation today and saying loads of prayers for Jonahs operation tomorrow. Take care and give him a gentle hug for me. I know you are doing the right thing for your precious son. Take care. Love Leah's Nana

Julie Glover said...

Carson's Mom-

Do you know if there will be any media coverage for the walk? Has anyone contacted you about that? Would you be willing to do an interview? My husband is a photojournalist at a local television station and he is working Saturday. I can ask him if he can make it to the walk to get some footage. Not 100% sure he would be able to based on what else is going on in the city, but it would be a great way to spread the word! Let me know.

Patrice- Love your blog!! :-)

Julie

Carson's Mom said...

Julie-
I would love to do an interview! We have been hoping a station would pick it up and help get some awareness out there. If he can come and wants more infor or anything have him email me. kristy.kissell@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your interest in seeking this out for us. God Bless!

Mary Anne said...

Patrice,

Yes, we are Cincinnatians! Thanks for letting us know about this fundraiser - we'll check it out.

Julie could also contact Malinda Hartong @ The Cincinnati Enquirer, who is a wonderful staff photographer covering community events.

I love reading your blog news and keeping up on Jonah's story. Thanks for sharing so faithfully with us.

Mary Anne @ Cincinnati, Ohio

........ said...

Just thought I should let you know that I mentioned Jonah on my blog today and put his picture up. Hope that's ok...

Me, the boys and a Farm... said...

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you and praying for Jonah, the medical staff, and your family. My mother in law will be having a heart cath tomorrow morning while Jonah is getting his G-tube...I pray tomorrow will be a GREAT day!
Love and peace to your family.