Jonah woke up last night for his midnight feeding with a VERY hoarse cry. A hoarse cry is the one major symptom they had told us to look out for as an indicator of respiratory issues/laryngeal involvement. We were supposed to go to the ENT today at 4pm just for a check-up, but I called Dr. Ali (the WONDERFUL dermatologist at Baptist) this morning, and she's going to talk to the ENT and to Dr. Fine about what our course of action should be. I'm waiting on her call as I type.
Please be in prayer for Jonah, as this could be serious, and for us as we decide the best coarse of action. I debated taking him to the hospital last night, but didn't really want to go into the ER with a baby ER doctors know nothing about, EB they know nothing about, and didn't want to be in a place where there would be so many germs.
We'll end up AT the hospital today either way since we had the appt anyway, but I'm hoping to get in quicker and to see the right folks. Matt has called in to let them know he's not coming in to work until we have a better grasp as to the severity of what's going on.
Please pray for Jonah.