Sunday, October 26, 2008

19 week pictures

Okay, these are pictures of pictures, so they are not that clear. If I didn't use the flash, they turned out blurry (blurrier - is that a word? - than they are by nature), and if I did use the flash, it washed them out. I'm captioning underneath to give you some clue... Good luck. I was there, live and in person, and half the time I didn't know what I was looking at.

Side profile - head to the left, then body, and you can see his knees tucked up at the top right.

Looking at him head on. Head, then body, with his left arm kind of waving at you on the right side of the picture.


One of his feet. Can you see his toes?


It's a boy! See? What? You can't tell? What's your problem? I really don't know how to explain this one. It's of his butt (on the right side of the picture) with his wee-wee showing in between the tops of his legs... ugh, never mind.

Oh, an explanation of the not feeling movement: The ultrasound technician said that I have an Anterior Placenta (see Katherine's comment on the previous post), meaning that the placenta is lying at the front of my uterus, between me and the baby. Essentially, it is as if he is punching and kicking into a pillow, which explains why I can't feel it. We're going to have to give it a couple more weeks for him to get bigger and his movements to get stronger before I'll be able to feel them. It's all very interesting, but I feel it's just one more test of my faith. I have to TRUST that he is there and real and alive and well, even when I can't keep an eye on him or feel him moving around. Some days it is easy (like yesterday and today) and sometimes it will be hard (check with me next week when I'm sure I'll have let my paranoia flare up again.) Thank you so much for your continued prayers. Between the comments on my blog, emails, phone calls and texts, I knew you were with us... AND STILL ARE! You guys are my heroes!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am so exited for you and my family is keeping yours in our prayers.

With my first one, Hannah, I was the same way as you. I didn't feel her until about 22 weeks or so.

With my second one, Justus, I was the opposite. I felt him loud and clear at about 17 weeks and boy did he hurt me for the next 22 weeks. Non-stop!