Saturday, August 10, 2013

beach day!

Last week at had my annual girly doctor visit (stick with me), and they put me in a room but then made me wait forever. They had a sound machine in the room and it was playing ocean sounds. It was actually really relaxing and I may or may not have fallen asleep in my gown on the table. I couldn't rightly say.

Anyhoo, because of the sound machine, while still in the doctor's office, I texted Matt and said that we should come down to SC to his parents and see if his folks could keep the boys so he and I could go to Myrtle Beach for the day. We realized it had been over three years since we had been to the beach! Of course, Matt's parents said yes, and so today we spent the day, just the two of us, at the beach!

It takes an hour and 45 minutes or so to get to the beach from their place, so we got there around 9:30 or so this morning, ate breakfast, spent most of the day at the beach, stopped by the outlets, and then headed to Chesapeake House for dinner. Best. Hushpuppies. Ever.

It was relaxing and rejuvenating. We laughed a lot and talked a lot and had a really great day. And then came home to the two sweetest boys on the planet, who we missed very much. We are so blessed.






No comments: