Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jogging for Jonah - we need your help!

Hi Friends. Jogging for Jonah is quickly approaching, so I just wanted to make sure those of you who aren't on Facebook know about it. It will be May 4th at Tanglewood in Clemmons. There will be a 5K and a 1 Mile Fun Run. Walkers are welcome at both, but we ask if you are walking and pushing a stroller in the 5K, you try to stay to the right so runners can pass. 


We are desperately needing business sponsors, volunteers, and donations for our raffle and race prizes. You can also just make a straight up donation if you're not local but would like to help. All proceeds go to DebRA.

Even more than the money, I just want us to get the word out about EB and have tons of people come out and have a great time, celebrating God's goodness in Jonah's life and fighting for a cure. If we all do a little, we can make a huge impact.

I don't think I've shared this here on the blog, but this conversation happened a few weeks ago.

Me: Jonah, you think you might get married someday?
Jonah: BUT I can't get married with bandages on.
Me: Why not, Buddy?
Jonah: But I don't want to have bandages when I'm a grown up.
Me: Well, baby, you might always have to wear bandages.
Jonah: (tearing up) But I don't want to have bandages anymore.
Me: Well, I don't know Buddy. But let's just start praying now that you won't have to have them when you're older. Maybe God will heal you.
Jonah: (sadly) Okay, Mom.

I hope and pray that my sweet boy can grow up and get married (if he wants to) without his bandages. Although I know an ultimate healing will come in Heaven, I hope and pray he can know a life without boo boos and pain here on Earth. He was born at a good time, and there are huge strides in research happening. I pray things move quickly and Jonah will see a cure in his lifetime!

Okay, I'd love to have you there or would love your support if you're not local. It means so much to us how y'all have wrapped your arms around us since the very beginning. We appreciate you. 

I'm going to give you a list of direct links here to make it easy.

To register: 

To volunteer: 

To buy a t-shirt (if you are registering to walk/run, a t-shirt is included in your registration fee):

To be a business sponsor: 

To create your own fundraising page: 

To make a monetary donation, you can use my fundraising page:

To donate a raffle or race prize:
Email my friend, Jenn, at j4jraffle (at) gmail (dot) com.

To see all of this info in one place, visit http://joggingforjonah.com.

Thank you all so much!

No comments: