Sunday, March 20, 2011

a crib sheet revolution!



UM, how have you guys not told me about these??? (And if you have told me, don't burst my bubble. Allow me to bask in my self-righteous forgetfulness.) You've been holding back. Vanessa just told me about these QuickZip crib sheets, and they are changing my world. EB Moms, you're going to want to get in on this one. 




When you go up to get your EB Baby out of bed (or at least, this is the case with MY EB baby), the sheets are typically covered with anything from blood to vomit to Aquaphor/Polysporin or are soaked from a leaking night tube. Every day, instead of having to change the crib sheet (my most hated chore), I would cover the sheet with two pads, two standard size pillow cases tucked in the vertical ends of the mattress, and two king sized pillow cases tucked across the mattress horizontally. It sounds ridiculous, I know. It was, but between having to protect the sheet and make sure Jonah was sleeping on something soft, it was necessary.


But then, Vanessa told me about these! (And she consequently returned any favor that I might have done her. I may have given her an EB education, but she revolutionized MY MOST. HATED. CHORE.)




Anyway, you can get these sheets HERE. You put the mattress inside the bottom sheet and just zip the sheet tops on and off, just like a jacket, as needed. No more bloody knuckles! I will have to zip a new one on every day but who cares? Compared to the hoopla I was dealing with, this is a piece of cake!



And they come in a "minky" material which is a really soft velvety type material. Perfect for a sensitive face!


I know I sound like an infomercial but seriously, it's GENIUS. I wish I had thought of it. Dang it.


This is Jonah's bed. QuickZip base sheet, mattress, soft and padded waterproof pad, zipper sheet, bottom bumper pad to protect his face from the bars, and the upper bumper pad to try to keep him from putting his ankles through the bars. 




And in case any new EB moms are reading this, I also really like:
Cherokee brand t-shirts from Target. (Super soft with stretchy necks.)


New Balance Extra Wide velcro shoes. (The only ones I've ever easily gotten on Jonah.) 


And SmartKnit Seamless Sensitivity Socks (The only ones I've found that really don't have a seam.)


Okay, thank you for indulging the most boring post ever. I'll try to do better tomorrow. :)
(And even though I feel really stupid saying it, I haven't been paid to say any of this stuff. The End.)

No comments: